The Fortuna Sittard “Blessed” Adventure in Figures
What started as a mission to save a club near extinction,has grown into a club that can now dream of the 1st division football .
In almost one and half years in charge of Fortuna Sittard, this is what God has blessed Us with in figures.
God is really great and works in mysterious ways. Thanks to my players and the lovely fans and people of Sittard for their love and support.
- Voted best Coach of the Dutch Jupiler League
- Saved the team from relegation to the 3rd Division in a phenomenal way even though 9 points were deducted from the club on financial irregularities by the Dutch Football Federation.
- In 14 months in charge, took team from 19th position to 1st position
- We won the Club’s first trophy/title in 23 years on the 12th of January 2018 (the Lucrative Period’s Title)
- Qualified team for season ending playoffs into the Ere Divisie (First Division)
- Helped produce a player, sold for I believe, over 2.5 million Euros to Ajax Amsterdam in Perr Schuurs.
- Team’s performance helped raise the spectators to the Fortuna stadium from around 950 spectators to 8,000 spectators with its huge financial benefits to the club
- Record breaking first coach to ever win 8 consecutive “home” games in Fortuna Sittard
- Record breaking first coach ever in the club’s history to win 7 consecutive games (21 points from 21)
- Adjudged as the Fortuna coach with best average points per game since 1980 (38 years)